Sunday, June 15, 2008

While She's Not Sleeping

Wow. I didn't realize how harsh sleep deprivation could be. Actually, Silas sleeps better than I have any right to expect, but she still wants to eat every couple of hours. I can't seem to remember the things that I want to blog about.

I will share a cute Father's Day story though. On Friday, I pulled all of the craft supplies out and had the kids make Father's Day cards. Carson dictated the following message for the inside of her card to Brad:

Happy Father's Day
Happy Father's Day
I hope you enjoy your gift.
I want to buy you a barbie.
I bet you would like a crab.
Happy Father's Day
Love, Carson

He, of course, loved it, although I'm betting he wouldn't be as happy with a crab as she thinks he would be.

We celebrated Memphis' second birthday. He got a lot of hot wheels cars and a case to carry them in. He loves to put all of the cars in the case, but then it's too heavy for him to carry. We can hear him coming a mile away. The case dragging along the ground behind him and the occasional "thump" when it bounces against the back of his legs has become a typical sound in our house. And it makes a pretty funny scene too.

Memphis' birthday marks the end of birthdays for our household until January. Well, sort of. Brad's and mine are close to Christmas, but we don't require elaborately themed parties. Anyway, it's a good thing because we need the next six months to save up for Christmas and the next round of birthdays.

It's late now and by some miracle Silas has fallen asleep, so this is where I take my leave. Sleep sounds sooooo good.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahah the Father's Day card made me laugh out loud.

6/17/08, 7:29 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

oh the days of no sleep. at least you know it won't last too too long. she is precious!

6/17/08, 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home