Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Distraction

I'm not even going to mention what I should be doing today. Instead I will fulfill a promise from a while back to display some pictures of my favorite features in our new home.

The shelves inside my kitchen cabinets are a beautiful, rich wood that was covered with white contact paper! I will definitely need to protect them with some clear contact paper, but I love them just like they are.





All of the windows in the house (except the front and back picture windows) have these shutters on them. Most of them also have some pretty hideous valances above the shutters, but those are easily changed.





My kitchen is one of my favorite rooms. It is bright and spacious and I love the black hardware. I also have a great view of the backyard out of the window over the sink.





This growth chart is located on the door jamb just inside the pantry. I love it! The family who lived here before us were the original owners and this house was built in 1957. Some of the dates on this chart are from the early 1960s. I know I found one from 1958 at one point, but I cannot find it again. Anyway, it will definitely remain a fixture in this home.


Well, this isn't everything I love, but it's a good start.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oooh. your house looks so cute!!! love it!

5/27/08, 7:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ooooh. your house looks so cute! love it!

5/27/08, 7:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ooops. sorry about the double post.

5/27/08, 7:17 PM  
Blogger Mother Ring said...

Your new how looks precious! I'm glad you are having such a wonderful time in your new home!

How many names are on that growth chart?!?

6/1/08, 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home