Friday, May 16, 2008

Counted My Chickens

You know the first line of my last post? The one wherein I celebrated the fact that I only had two weeks to go? Yeah...about that...not gonna happen.

Why? Oh, because my doctor thinks Alaska is a better option for that week. Isn't that sweet of him?

So, as a result, I get another six days tacked on to my sentence, uhh...pregnancy, that is. Can you tell just how very excited I am about this?

Now I have to tell my mom that she cancelled her trip to Dallas for nothing and that she has to change the days she will be taking off from work to watch the other kids. And, I have to tell my brother that, while coming to visit at the end of May to see the baby was a good idea in theory, in reality he will only be able to see my ever-enlarging belly.

And, I have to call the sitter I hired to watch the little kids on "labor day" and see if she is even free on my new date. AND, I have to figure out a way to get this kid to slow down on the growing or she's gonna get stuck in there.

And, I have to figure out something to keep myself busy for six more days because I've been busting my butt to get this house ready before May 27th and now it's almost all done. And if I don't have something to do, some worthwhile project to work on, I WILL become even more irrational than I already am.

Can you tell I'm just a little bit bitter about this whole thing? While my doctor is wiling away the hours of relaxation on his special little cruise ship, I'll be here. Waiting. Doing everything I can possibly do to get things moving short of reaching up in there and breaking my own water...wwaaaiiitt, that's really not such a bad idea.

I know that this is just the lovely, whine-filled post you came here to read today. And, let me just stop you right there...I know that it could be much worse, and I know that it's not that much longer. But, I am almost 37 weeks huge and my right kidney is about to explode. In fact, if you come up behind me and slap me really hard on the back, it just might burst and I would turn around and kiss you on the mouth because a burst kidney? Honestly, that sounds less painful than one that is on the verge.

I warned all of you in the beginning of this thing that it was not going to be pretty. I tried to explain just how cranky I would get. And, you have to admit, I was doing a pretty good job of keeping myself in check until this latest bit of news shoved me over the edge of reason. So just think of this post as my way of fulfilling my promise to you, oh internet. I am everything I said I would be.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger lfhcreative said...

I feel your pain, my ob thought reveling at an OB conference in New Orleans took precedence over delivering my child adding 5 days to my "sentance". I amused myself by sewing virtually around the clock for several days...

Hang in there! I can't wait to here of the arrival of little Silas!

5/19/08, 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home