Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Yes, I Brought A Note From My Doctor

I certainly hope that I have some loyal readers out there who will forgive my absence. I know it has been forever. The truth is that I've just been too darn sick and tired to be anecdotal. For any of you who are not involved in my day-to-day life, there is a perfectly sound explanation for this. I have a terrible case of toomanykids-itis. Don't worry, it's not contagious. This has been exacerbated by the fact that for some reason we have created a new little ruffian who is wreaking havoc on my insides (and outsides) as we speak.

Yes, we are stupid. Umm...I mean excited.

A lot has happened in the last month, but I can't tell you about it because I have spent it either trying to sleep or, in the case of the last two weeks, watching all of my meals in reverse. I can't help but feel terrible guilt about it because I literally have done almost nothing else. Sure, I helped here and there with getting dinner made or putting kids to bed, but overall Brad has shouldered the tasks of running this household. And thank God he is a man who is willing to do that. And thank God he just started a new job that he hasn't actually "started" yet so he can be home to do that.

I finally got some medicine that I have been fighting for and, while it is not a cure-all, I am holding on to almost everything I eat which is wonderful. I think this baby may be made of some strange substance that I am allergic to. Or, God is just making double sure that I never, ever have another wistful, loving memory of pregnancy. Don't worry, I'm cured.

In other news:

Meyson is really progressing with his guitar skills and it is more fun to hear him play every week.

Brianna auditioned for a national youth choir and made it. It is a pretty big deal and she is very excited.

Cody is preparing to dance in the Nutcracker in a few weeks. She will dance in two of the six performances.

Carson is just Carson. Our little comedian. She has been practicing saying "gir-ul" (girl) because before now she just said "grr" and she has realized her mistake.

Memphis has become obsessed with the movie "Cars." Before he wouldn't even glance at the tv, but now at least three times a day he brings me a dvd or dvd case. It doesn't matter which one he brings me, this is just a gesture that means, "Ok, I'm about to go into Lightning McQueen withdrawal. Will you kindly help me out and start it for me?"

Anyway, I'd like to promise that I'll be around more, but I don't want to inadvertently lie. My sense of humor is just barely still intact and it could go at any minute. And let's face it, without that this masterpiece would be in total ruin.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mother Ring said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. I'm glad you're back and hopefully your sickness will improve. If anything, it's a good sign right?

11/16/07, 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home