Friday, August 17, 2007

New Things

Ok, ok, so it has been more than a week (thank you so much Nicole for your gentle reminder).

Acclimating to life as a huge family has proven to be a bit more time-consuming than I thought, but, having said that, things are going surprisingly well.
The biggest hiccup we've had so far came this morning. Carson has been having a little trouble staying in her bed for the past couple of days, and I've been empathetic but firm. So, this morning she came in early asking to get in our bed and I sent her back to hers then rolled over and went back to sleep.
A little while later Brad got up and got in the shower and then stood there with the bathroom door open while he dried off. At some point I looked up, saw him standing there in the buff and noticed that the bedroom door was wide open. Not wanting to have to explain things to the children, I got up and shut the bedroom door and flopped back onto the bed. Hard.
In a few seconds Carson emerged from under the bed crying and saying that the bed had hurt her head. Yes, the revelation that one of your children can hide undetected under your bed is quite unsettling. Hopefully she learned something. I know I did.
And in other news, I have welcomed my new baby into our home. Here she is:

Isn't she the most amazing thing you've ever seen? She was given to me by some wonderful friends who graciously ignored my wedding registry and bought me something I would never have bought myself. I have been waiting for her for at least 2 years and now she's finally home where she belongs!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

can Carson do the door knob covers? if not maybe you can put one on the inside of her door? That's what we finally did with Becca because she was troopsing into our room at all hours of the night. I was just CONVINCED she was going to walk in on us in the middle of something she shouldn't see. Especially because we like to leave our door open for better A/C flow. Not to mention it's really disconcerting to wake up in the middle of the night with a little person sleeping at the foot of your bed in between you, or even worse, standing next to the bed staring at you.

And what camera did you use to take a picture of the new camera. I really had to laugh at taking a picture of the thing you take pictures with LOL LOL LOL yeah it's late.

8/17/07, 8:58 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I have little Nikon L1 point and shoot that I bought back in November. It actually felt kind of strange to take pictures of a camera, but this camera is totally worthy of having it's portriat done.

Thanks for the reminder about the door knob thing, we might have to try that.

8/18/07, 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home