Sunday, June 22, 2008

Don't Leave Children (or Donuts) Unattended

Yesterday I bought some Krispy Kreme donuts. Cody, Carson, Memphis, Silas and I were taking a trip to New Mexico to drop Cody off with her Dad for a visit. Between the five of us we ate six donuts. Of course, Silas ate the most.

There were six donuts left in the box this morning. I gave Carson and Memphis three of them for breakfast this morning and then I went back to my room. I was lazy. I thought that maybe on this Sunday morning, while Brad is recovering from "open heart surgery" aka no more baby surgery, I could lay down for a few more minutes. I figured since these parents of six were down to three children, we might be more likely to be allowed a few extra moments to snooze. I was right.

Brad and I slept right through Memphis noticing the donut box on the counter. We were unconscious when he took the box from the counter and went to find Carson. We were completely unaware as together they opened the box and devoured the three remaining donuts and replaced the box on the counter as if nothing had happened.

We were so oblivious that we didn't realize anything was amiss until Brad went to get himself a donut and was terribly disappointed to find that the box was empty. And when I asked Carson what had happened, I saw a lie forming in her mind. Her eyes shifted and she looked guilty. Fortunately for her, she used her better judgement and aborted her attempt at a fib. Instead, she laughed her cutest laugh and said, "I guess we ate them all."

I should be telling you that she was then punished for eating unauthorized quantities of donut, but honestly, I'd let them eat six dozen donuts for the chance at a little extra sleep. I would love to give you some more updates, but I have to get to Krispy Kreme before they close.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

love it. love it all!

6/30/08, 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home