Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Human Tornado Strikes Again

Oh. My. Gosh. I could not be more fully convinced that boys are different from birth. Yes, my boy has been my most cuddly child so far, but that is not what I mean when I say different. I mean: Destructive. Tenacious. Energetic. Daring. Defiant. I'm sure there are more, but I am too worn out to think of them.

I had to take Carson to the doctor today. We must have been a sight. I am babysitting my 9-month old nephew until Saturday when his parents return from Hawaii (This is a whole other story. Just wait. It's coming.). So, it was me with my 3, my nephew Hayden, 2 diaper bags, my purse, and an umbrella stroller.

Even so, my doctor tells me that I have to get my 3-year-old daughter to pee in a cup. Yeah.

I left Cody in charge of Hayden, who was strapped into the stroller. I figured there was about a 50/50 chance for disaster there and being a mother of 3, I'm comfortable with those odds.

Carson and Memphis and I headed to the bathroom with our little cup. I sat Memphis down on the floor with his bottle (I know, not the cleanest place, but what were my options?) and got Carson situated. She was experiencing stage fright, so things were progressing v e r y s l o w l y. Memphis chooses this moment to pull himself up to stand.Using the toilet. DISGUSTING!!! I seriously thought about moving Carson off of the toilet so that I would have a place to throw up.

Apparently the inside of the toilet is very interesting because he then leaned over the seat to look in, nearly dumping his bottle into the pot. I one-handedly pulled him away (still holding Carson's cup with the other hand) and he immediately beelined for the toilet paper roll. He unraveled a good 10 feet, grabbed the accumulated pile and headed for the opposite side of the bathroom. None of this is helping Carson pee.

And for his Grand Finale: He took 5 or 6 wobbly steps over to the trash can and dramatically spiked his bottle into it. There! It was obvious that he felt better. It was like all of this crazy energy had been building all morning and...FINALLY...he got it all out. I was never so glad to leave.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And I should be excited about having a boy???? J/K
And when did he start walking???

6/1/07, 4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah when did he start walking? although i will laugh even harder if his very first steps were in the bathroom at the dr's office

6/1/07, 1:31 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Memphis took his first steps on May 15th, but was very reluctant to take more than two or so. It's only been in the last few days that he's been daring to venture upright across the room. I think if his first steps had been in the dr's bathroom, I would have just kept that info to myself. :)

6/1/07, 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home