Tuesday, May 01, 2007

He's Got No Strings

Memphis has become a tornado. Today he hauled over to the entertainment center, pulled open the cabinet, spilled a tower of CDs and DVDs onto his lap, squealed like it was the coolest thing that ever happened, and repeatedly slapped the pile while laughing.

Exasperated, I made my way over there for the futile task of putting everything back. But Memphis was not done. The two minutes that I had my back turned were just long enough for him to destroy the nice, neat piles of folded laundry. I don't mean that he unfolded a couple of things; two whole loads of laundry strewn about the living room. In general, I'm lucky if I get the laundry folded in the first place. The odds of it happening again...slim.

As if that weren't enough, for the third night in a row he has deposited more dinner in his hair than in his mouth. It makes me want to order little tiny shower caps for him to eat in.

I have come to the conclusion that there's only one explanation for all this destructive behavior:

He's a real boy.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so much better now after reading that blog. Every time I tell people the stories of how my children terrorize me they look at me like "why weren't you watching them?". God forbid I clean up the last mess they made or (gasp) pee. It's nice to know I'm not the only one :)

5/3/07, 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home