Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Strong, Silent Type

Memphis is in a holding pattern. In every way. He has gained less than a pound since June and is still wearing some of his 6-12 months clothes even though he is 17 months old now. I suppose this has something to do with the fact that he is constantly running or dancing and refuses to eat more than one grape at any meal time. I can laugh about this right now because the doctor has run tests and determined that there is nothing wrong with Memphis, he's just "finding his curve." So for now I'm just enjoying that my baby is still little enough to carry around like a little baby.

The more frustrating part of his standstill is in the language department. Here are the words in Memphis' vocabulary:




Wait...you mean you don't see any words there? Oh, well that's because there aren't any. His repertoire consists of nodding his head yes and shaking it no. Don't get me wrong. The kid understands everything. I am quite certain that he has "Cars" memorized. He just chooses not to grace the rest of us with his sweet, melodic little voice.


See this kid?
I know that you are wondering which of the thousands of my kids this is, but cute as he is, he's not mine. He belongs to my friend Nicole. He is three months younger than Memphis and has the vocabulary of your average college student. Don't mistake my mentioning this as jealousy. I'm not jealous. Really.

I know that eventually Memphis will reach six feet tall and become a long-winded college professor, so for now I'm just going to hold my tiny baby boy and enjoy the silence.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh pointed out that your average college student is pretty dumb, so Dex's vocabulary isn't all that impressive.
This only means that Memphis will probably be and stud and Dex will be his geeky friend.

11/29/07, 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog! I am stalking you now. :)

Michelle

12/2/07, 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it makes you feel any better Becca didn't say more than about 5 words till she was 2.

12/3/07, 5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home