Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Little Nut

My Cody is dancing in the Nutcracker on Friday and Sunday. I am so proud of her. Nobody has ever paid to watch me perform anything, and here she is, at six years old. People are paying. With actual money.

She is a natural born performer although you wouldn't have known that about 18 months ago. That's when she stood perfectly still on stage while the rest of her preschool class sang and danced in their end of year program. I mean perfectly still. She could have been a statue.

This weekend she will be playing the part of a little doll in the party scene near the beginning of act one. She had a dress rehearsal last night and she was so cute in her costume! It was the only chance we'll have to take pictures as cameras aren't allowed in the auditorium during the performance. Of course the place where they let us take the pictures had incredibly bad lighting and a not so great background so, as a photographer, I was totally disgusted. But I guess beggers can't be choosers, huh?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home