Monday, November 24, 2008

Random? Yes. Interesting? No.

It seems I have been tagged. This means that I have to come up with 7 random things about myself. Hmmmm....this is going to take awhile...

1. My first random item is terribly unoriginal. Tactile aversions seem to be a theme in my friendships. Unlike Nicole and Lindsey, metal and satin are not among my aversions. Mine have to do with gortex or thick nylon material on the outside of most winter coats, and sheets that are not super, super soft. If I touch gortex, or even hear someone else touch it, I must scratch my jeans with my fingernails. Must. I have the same reaction to rough sheets and I will toss and turn all night making matters even worse. Fortunately, my wonderful husband introduced me to bamboo sheets, which are like sleeping in ... there are no words for the wonderfullness. I will never go back.

2. I love the old tv show, "Friends." I own all ten seasons on dvd and I still enjoy watching them even though I have almost every episode memorized.

3. I have an incredible addiction to Heath bars. Really it's all chocolate, but at the moment Heath bars are my chocolate of choice. My taste buds actually beg for them.

4. When my house is a mess and needs cleaned quickly for company, I have a tendency to stuff the mess just out of sight. Most recently, I stuffed about six loads of laundry under Cody's bed for the house party we had.

5. I have extremely sensitive hearing. When I am in bed at night, I can hear Meyson's television through the heating vents. And, if the tv is on, but the screen is black, I can hear that the tv is on. Meyson seems particularly disturbed by this ability. Apparently there are conversations that take place in this house that I'm am not supposed to hear.

6. I have an uncanny ability to pick out the worst movie in the movie store. More often than not, I go to rent a movie for Brad and I only to regret the choice later. In our 15 months of marriage, I have picked one good movie.

7. I am a perfectionist! To a fault. If I cannot get something perfect, it is better if I do not attempt it at all. Which is why my house is always a mess. Not logical, I realize, and yet I cannot help it.

So, there you are. Whew! Glad I got those out in the open. I suddenly feel so free.

I am tagging Brad, Kay, and Laura. Can't wait to read your responses!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Change a Life, One person at a Time said...

Well I disagree about interesting. I found it extremely interesting but then I am prejudiced. Funny thing, I am married to someone who shares your sensitive ears. When we were first married, he would say "did you hear that?" then he would get up and search out the source. One source that I found amazing was he could hear the electric meter on the outside of the house change. I have damage to my ears from illness as a child so I can't relate. Love you

11/25/08, 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home