Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mean, Mean Mommy!

Isn't raising kids fun? Mine are driving me crazy with all the fighting. I swear my name has become "Mooo-oooom!" At first I was attempting to referee every single fight, but all that did was make them come to me even more. So in order to preserve any speck of sanity that may exist in this tired, worn out mom, I have started to tell them to work it out themselves. It's not like they are hurting each other, the fights sound like this:

"I love you, sissy."

"I love you too."

"Can I please be Tinkerbell this time?"

"No, I'm Tinkerbell."

"Mooooo-oooom! She won't let me be Tinkerbell! And she's been Tinkerbell all day! I'll just never get to be Tinkerbell again! Never! Never!"

I absolutely hate it when the word never comes in to play. Cody is a master of this sort of guilt trip.

"I never get to stay up late!"

"I never get to watch what I want to watch!"

"I never realize that pushing you past the point of annoyed only secures my place in bed an hour earlier than normal."

I have begun responding by confirming her ridiculous statements.

"Yep that's right. You never get to and you never will."

I know, not exactly the high road. I just hate this kind of feel-sorry-for-me tactic of trying to get what she wants.

Carson isn't really any better. She has become so emotional lately. If she doesn't get what she wants, she just tears up and sticks that lower lip out like a little orphan child who was just told that there is no more food for her. But, of course, it's never about no more food or anything even remotely as drastic. It's always something like being told she needs to let Cody be Tinkerbell this one time. I know, I know, if someone told me I had to let someone else be Tinkerbell, my whole world would come crashing down around my ears. I just don't think I could go on.

So, is there a point here you ask? No. And if you give me any lip about it, I swear...there will be no dinner for you!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey we have a couple tinkerbell costumes...do you need to borrow them ;)

1/26/07, 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home