Saturday, December 29, 2007

It's So...Quiet

We are down to two kids for a few days. Meyson and Brianna have gone to visit their mother and Cody left for her dad's house. It's just really quiet here.

In some ways quiet is nice. It's a change anyway. But beneath all the quietness lies a layer of worry. When your children aren't with you it's a little disconcerting.

Cody almost didn't get to go. She spent Wednesday night throwing up every hour and dealing with fever and then she slept all day Thursday. The fever lasted all day but by Friday morning it had miraculously disappeared. Or should I say, Cody willed it away. She seemed fine on Friday and so when her departure time came I reluctantly let her go. Of course the pressure of the plane taking off proved to be too much and she apparently threw up again and her fever had returned by the time she reached her father's house.

I don't know how she held her sickness in all day, but it returned full force. And now she's five hundred miles away where I have no way of helping her. Talk about feeling helpless.

We are trying to enjoy the quiet, knowing that it won't last long. I'm kind of surprised that I'm even thinking this, but I can't wait until things are back to normal.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I would feel the same way. As much as the everyday craziness can get to you, it's yours, it's your life and it's weird and worrisome when things aren't "normal".

12/30/07, 9:20 AM  
Blogger Growing up said...

I didnt know where to write you back at but I know your blogging everyday! she's saying big sister...she just wanted the candy in my hand! :)

12/31/07, 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home