Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Relief

Brad comes home tonight. His arrival is anticipated by everyone in the house, even the dog. Oh, about that, we got a dog in October. Can't believe I neglected to introduce her. I'll do that tomorrow. For now, we just couldn't be more relieved that this three week period in our lives is over.

He missed a lot while he was basking in the sunshine of a tropical island. Oh yes, he wasn't just out of town, but out of the country. But he wasn't really basking in anything, it was a work trip and they worked hard almost everyday that he was there.

I know that I really shouldn't complain about temporarily being here alone with 5 kids. After all, before August I was alone with 1, then 2, then 3 kids for 6 years. None of that prepared me for being alone with 2 teenagers (close enough), 2 preschoolers, and a 6 year old drama queen. I can handle solitude (my mom is thinking, "Oh yeah? Is that why you talked my ear off everyday?"), the problem did not lie in keeping myself occupied. It was more about the things that occurred in the following list. Now not all of these things were negative, but all of them took time and energy. So Brad, here's what you missed:

a broken foot
3 kids grounded
an ultrasound
one HUGE fight and several smaller ones
tears, wailing, and thrashing (I think almost everyday)
Christmas light looking
many conversations involving 40 questions at a time
broken washing machine
dog throw up
several ex-spouse encounters
Nutcracker tea
Nutcracker rehearsal
Nutcracker Friday
Nutcracker Sunday
last minute choir concert with an escapee
room switching
baby moving
chasing down a Christmas gift that was accidentally donated
Roomba broke (oh the injustice of it all!!)
many, many, many, many viewings of "Cars"
backlash from those who are sick of "Cars"
Memphis' second haircut
Memphis' major appointment that included lab work
many "I miss Daddy/Brad" conversations
one migraine
my thrilling victories in both Sorry and Clue
Christmas cookies
lots and lots of goodnight hugs

Fortunately, my mom and Brad's mom were able to help a lot or this list would've been much longer. They did most of the taxi driving for Brianna and Meyson. And I definitely wouldn't have made it without the help of Zofran, the best drug in the whole world.

My husband is coming home tonight. I just can't wait.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I don't know how you do it! I'm exhausted just reading the list.

12/19/07, 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know for a fact that this list is much too short! I'm THE luckiest husband on the planet.

12/28/07, 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home