Friday, December 14, 2007

Almost A Really Embarrassing Moment

Brianna had a choir concert last night and we really try to encourage the kids to support each other in their extra-curricular activities, so I packed up all of the kiddos and headed to the school. I should mention that Brad has been out of town for two and a half weeks and doesn't return until early next week. I didn't mention it before in case there is some crazy psycho out there just waiting for me to post that my husband is out of town so he can come to my house and paint my fence orange or something. So crazy psycho man, don't even think about it, I have a bazooka and I know how to use it. Wow, it didn't take me long to get off track.

Anyway, Brad's mom and step-dad met me there so I did have some help. The program was very entertaining and Brianna did great. I think she may have been a little bummed out because she was the only one on crutches. She fractured her foot in a horrible backpack accident last week and she has to use them for one more week. Kind of impedes the motions to "Let It Snow," ya know? Regardless, she did really well and was recognized for being accepted into the national childrens choir that will be in Denver this Spring.

Through most of the program Memphis did remarkably well. He drank some pediasure, played with the toys I brought for him, emptied my purse including my prescription medication...you know, the usual. Then...(can you feel the suspense building?) he was playing on the floor in front of my seat when I leaned over to tell Meyson not to let him by if he came that way. Memphis saw his opportunity and took off the other way and fast. I don't think I've ever seen him run that fast. His destination? You guessed it. The stage. Thank God he didn't actually try to climb the risers, but he did walk the entire length of the stage as I stood watching, horrified. I finally caught Meyson's eye and signaled to him to get to the other side and try to catch Memphis, who had stopped dead in his tracks about three quarters of the way across with a look on his face that said, "None of you people are my mother and I have lost her and I am about to start wailing." Thankfully, Meyson was able to get to him before that happened and, thankfully, Memphis is still short enough that I don't think very many people were aware of the situation. From now on he will be wearing his monkey backpack/leash thing all the time.



***Nicole has commented on her posts before about the funky suggestions that the spell checker for Blogger gives. I have noticed this, but never had one that made me laugh out loud before. I didn't put an apostrophe in "childrens" and it recommended that I replace it with Chiltons. Hahahahaha...I wish!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home