Thursday, April 10, 2008

For My Cody

Cody,
You are such a beautiful child. I enjoy watching you grow and blossom everyday. Your heart is so loving and compassionate and you are an incredible big sister.

I know that when you are with your Daddy that you are having a great time and I wish nothing else for you. It means the world to me that your relationship with your dad is so strong. I know that that relationship will only strengthen you and enrich your life. You are so very blessed to have a father who loves you so dearly.

Your absence has such a profound affect on our household. When you are here, there is laughter and non-stop activity. This is partly due to the fact that you are such an effective activity planner. Just by nature of having a big family, there is still laughter and activity, but a little piece of the joy is missing. I'm not the only one who notices this.

Meyson always wants to know when you are coming back because, as he says, "she is fun." We see less of Brianna when you are gone and much, much more of Carson. I think she misses you the most. She follows me around all day telling me crazy stories and asking me to play polly pocket with her. I assure you that I don't play polly pocket nearly as well as you do.

Even Memphis notices that you are not here and has been wandering the house yelling, "diddy, diddy!" (sissy, sissy). I think he and Carson depend on you more than you realize.

This is in no way meant to make you feel guilty about visiting your dad. I would never put that on your shoulders. I just really felt like you should know just how much you are loved and missed. I want you to know that we think of you all day, everyday. I want you to know that if I could wrap my arms around you right now and squeeze you until you squeak, I would.

We are incomplete without you and cannot wait for your return. How blessed you are to have so many people who love you so much, and how blessed we are to have you to love.

Sending hugs and kisses your way.
Love,
Mom

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cody, this is Nana and I miss you too! You are just like a little ray of sunshine!

4/11/08, 8:32 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

that is so sweet Megan. You made me cry.

My brother used to call me diddy when he was a baby too.

4/16/08, 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home