Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Hypochondriac

I was sitting on the bed tonight, talking on the phone, when I happened to look down at my ankle. On the inside, right below that big, round bone, I could see my pulse. My vein was just beating away with the rhythm of my heart. I showed Brad who immediately called Meyson into the room because, well...because Meyson likes weird stuff.

His instant reaction was, "Is that a tapeworm?" Brad assured him that it was just my heartbeat, but Meyson wasn't satisfied.

"I read about this thing once, and you might have it, where this lady had a leech inside her leg."

I'm sure that's what it is. I have a living leech pulsating in my ankle. I'm certainly glad we have such a wonderful diagnostician handy or I might have gone on thinking it was just my heartbeat. Whew.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home