Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Chaos Abounds

A couple of weeks ago, Brad and I were standing with my mom outside her office discussing the report from the inspection on our new home. This lady pulls up in a white car and starts honking her horn about every ten seconds. It was really loud and incredibly rude and she just wouldn't stop. Finally, someone came out of the beauty shop next door to see what she wanted and to halt the onslaught of unnecessary noise she was producing.

Then, yesterday, my mom calls me to tell me that she had had quite an interesting morning. Her and my step-dad (yes, they work together) were talking about...well, I don't know what they were talking about. Something about leasing I'm sure. If you need to know that detail, you'll have to ask them. Anyway, the point is that they were talking in his office when they heard a rumbling sound and the room started shaking. They thought the roof was caving in and Darrell shouted, "Get the hell out of here!" to my mother.

There was definitely some damage happening to the wall in the office and it didn't take them long to discover that someone had driven their car into the building, specifically into the beauty shop next door, but also somewhat into Darrell's office. So, remembering our last encounter with an annoying driver in that same place, I asked sarcastically, "Oh, was it that woman who wouldn't stop honking?"

"Megan! Yes it was! It was that same lady!"

The moral of this story is that if you are near someone who just won't quit honking, don't just stand there flinching and looking disgusted. Run, run for your life and don't look back.








***Due to some unwanted spam commenting (kind of surprised it took this long to get any, although I wasn't complaining about the lack of them), I have had to enable word verification for commenting. Sorry, I know that's a hassle you don't need. Please comment anyway if you feel so led, and feel free to make fun of the "word" you get. I once got flibber. I think this is a good word to describe that feeling your lips have after the dentist has numbed you.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Growing up said...

OMG what a NUT! I'm glad your parents were okay, and she didn't run you down the other day weird!

I've had the same spam problem lately too blogger must be slacking! I always get random letters and I almost always have to enter it more than once because well I dont pay that close attention to it!

4/22/08, 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ebuzdekz, in case you were wondering what mine was.

4/22/08, 5:40 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

I think Memphis said that one to dex today Nicole!

4/22/08, 8:13 PM  
Blogger Change a Life, One person at a Time said...

Kind of makes your blood run cold. She has a bigger problem other than honking constantly....some dementia, etc. So glad you and the new baby are safe. Bob and I drove by the house yesterday and Bob checked out the back yard. Ask Brad about Bob and yards. Great possibilities but he was concerned with how dry everything is. He is thrilled that it looks like you have St. Augustine grass. Love you all

4/23/08, 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home