Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Addict

"Hello, my name is Memphis and I am a Girl-Scout-Cookie-aholic."

"Hi, Memphis!"

"It all started when my mom agreed to be the cookie mom for my sister's Brownie troop. Hundreds of boxes lined the walls in our home every January. Thin Mints, Tag-a-Longs, Samoas...you name it, we had it. Those cookies called my name day and night. I would tear open boxes causing my mom to go nuts about having to buy another box. I would climb the shelves in the pantry, grab a box of chocolaty-minty Thin Mints, hide in a corner and devour as many as I could before my crunching gave me away. Then my mom would whisk me to the bathroom to wipe the goodness that had escaped off of my mouth and she would mutter something about my shirt being trash now. It only got worse from there. I know I'm an addict, but truth be told, I'm just not ready to give it up yet. Maybe I'll be back in March when cookie sales are over."

"Bye, Memphis!"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home