Thursday, September 21, 2006

Scotch and Soda

I am at my wits end. I have the most stubborn child in the history of stubborn children. Except, I'm not sure it's stubborness exactly.

Carson will not poop in the potty. Will not. Nope. Uh-uh. N. O.

She has been peeing in the potty for 3 weeks and staying dry through the night. I am incredibly excited about this, but my glee is short lived as I find myself cleaning her and her pants at least once a day. Uuuggghhh! I'm sooo tired of it.

I've heard that some kids are scared of this particular bodily function, but is that really rational? It's poop. Not some flesh eating monstrosity that must be withheld at all costs. Oh, but if it must be released, it must never come in contact with water. Especially after midnight.

I have tried several methods that others have passed along (no pun intended). I tried making her clean it up herself. I think she actually enjoyed this as it made a much bigger mess for me to clean up. Not gonna happen. I even succumbed to my lack of patience and threatened to punish her if she went in her underwear again. This caused her to become distressed and hide the next pair of underwear she went in as if I wouldn't notice they were gone.

"Carson, where are your underwear?"

"I don't know."

"What did you do with your underwear?"

"Because I just did, Mom."

"Did what? Where are they?"

"Because I did."

They were under the bed. Yes, I said under the bed. She knows that's where I put things I don't want to deal with. It's genius, really. They very well might just blend in under there. Alas, when my child came running out of the bedroom bottomless, I knew I had to find them and there was no hiding spot good enough.

So...my mom sent me a link to an article that suggested the scotch and soda method. Soda for the carpet, and scotch for Mom. Bottoms up!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! that sounds like it might just work! ;o)

9/22/06, 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home