Saturday, January 27, 2007

Should I Be Worried?

Recently there was an exhibit on the Titanic at our local science museum. Cody was fascinated. She walked around the whole place asking question after question and looking at everything. Coincidentally, the movie came on tv that evening and I let her watch it with us (excluding the adult scenes of course). She watched during all four hours and again, she had many questions. She just couldn't get enough.

So here we are 2 months later and she's seen the movie a few times now. She asks about it randomly on a fairly regular basis. When I saw that it was on tv tonight I let her know right away and of course she was immediately glued to the tube. I told her that before she could watch she had to take a bath. While I was washing her hair she said, "Mom? Did the Titanic hit the iceberg yet?" I assured her that it had not and would not for a couple more hours and she said something that made me realize that even a 6 year old can be morbid. She said, "Oh good, that's my favorite part. I want to watch that part over and over." I'm so proud.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, I own that movie if Cody needs to borrow it ;)

1/28/07, 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home