Friday, February 15, 2008

Dr. Pepper and Roses

I just realized that I posted on Valentine's Day without mentioning anything even remotely related to Valentine's Day. You probably guessed that this is not my favorite "holiday." I have spent the last seven years loathing the day and even though I am married now, I just don't feel all that sentimental about it. We didn't feel the need to go out among the masses of the lovely.

I bought Brad a card and the kids each a little candy heart, and Brad brought me a rose and a large Dr. Pepper from Whataburger. I can't get enough DP from a fountain, but I hate it from the can, I much prefer Coke in that form. Oh and he also got me a card that sings "Ring of Fire."

That's pretty much it. We rented a movie which is nothing out of the ordinary, but I fell asleep watching it because we were up until after 10:30 helping Brianna with her report on seahorses. Did you know that seahorses abandon their children immediately upon birth? Or that they are eaten by crabs and penguins? Crappy life.

Anyway, another Valentine's Day has come and gone and the only things we have to show for it are kids high on sugar. And a card that sings "Ring of Fire."

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A card that sings Ring of Fire? That's awesome!

Stephanie

2/17/08, 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home