Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Christmas wonderfulness

We put up our Christmas tree this past Sunday. That's right, I said Christmas tree. Not holiday tree, not non-denominational day of greed and present exchanging tree...Christmas tree. Ok, I got that out of my system. Now, on with my original story.

I was pulling out the decorations and I came across a box of ornaments that my mom and I made on Cody's first Christmas. They were little wreaths made of starlight mints and miniature candy canes hot glued onto red poster board. Last year Carson was only 20 months old and just starting to understand what candy was. I went into a rather lengthy conversation with both girls explaining that these candies were very old and definitely inedible. Carson apparently thought inedible meant perfectly ripe for consumption. I was setting up our nativity set when I heard an odd crunching sound coming from behind our Christmas tree. Upon investigation I discovered my smallest daughter who was smart enough to hide while eating candy, but not yet smart enough to realize that sound travels. She was eating one of the candy canes, hot glue and all. It was a proud moment.

Needless to say, I'm not using those decorations this year. I just really do not feel the need to display things that I will constantly have to remind the children not to eat.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home