Thursday, February 01, 2007

Best of January 2007

January was an especially cold month here. We are used to a week or two of temperatures below about 35 degrees, but it has been over a month now! I mean really, I'm not sure we can take it much longer.

Cody had her 6th birthday at the beginning of the month which makes me feel old. I can't believe I have a 6 year old. On the day of her birthday party, the streets here were the iciest they have been all winter. Poor kid invited four other little girls to her party and only two could make it. Even so, she had a great time and told me it was her best birthday ever. You know, out of 6. She also begged me for a week to take her for a dramatic haircut. I finally succumbed to the pressure and I have to admit, it looks pretty darn cute.

Carson has finally started to go to sleep before 10pm. Before, she would have an afternoon nap and then stay up until I went to bed. Of course, I did my best to keep her in bed. Well, that may be stretching it a bit. Ok, a lot. Alright, alright, it's an outright lie. I would direct her back to the bed, but I didn't really care if she stayed there. I actually enjoyed the company. I know, it's very sad. Anyway, I no longer put her down for a nap and now she is falling asleep much sooner. In fact, sometimes she doesn't get up at all before nodding off. Now if I only cared enough about having my bed to myself to make her sleep in hers...

Memphis is trying really hard to be more efficient in the area of mobility. It's pretty funny. First he gets up on his hands and knees and rocks like a maniac. He then pushes off really hard and reaches his hands forward as if he rocked hard enough that he just might take off. I keep waiting for that to happen. When he finds that all his efforts have only landed him back on his stomach, he begins the army crawl. He uses his arms to drag his motionless lower half across the floor. He's tenacious, I'll give him that. And cute too.

He also sat up for the first time on the 21st, but he doesn't seem to have noticed. He just stares at me with a look that says, "Why are you clapping? I'm always this cute."

Well, the beginning of February brings new hope for warmer weather. Carson will be ecstatic. When she saw the snow on the ground here this morning she told Cody that she would sit by the window and watch her play in it. My sentiment exactly.

The princess on her birthday.

I know, could his outfit be any more mismatched?

Memphis loves to give big, slobbery kisses! So sweet!

Mom, if you don't put the camera away I'm going to gag myself.

See...she really does hate it.


But Cody thinks it's the best thing ever.

We really need a hill.

I have this look too. It means, "Are you kidding me? This is ridiculous!"

Cody hates this picture, but I think it somehow makes all of the snow seem not so cold.

I figured I had better get myself in a picture so that I would have proof to show the kids that I really do love them. Enough to play in the stinkin snow with them.


The kiddos in January

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww I love them all. Cody's hair is SOOOO cute. She looks all grown up though :(

2/7/07, 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home