Friday, February 16, 2007

Have you seen my keys?

Having three kids does things to you. It seems that every time I give birth I lose a portion of my brain. My thought is that the baby has to get their brain from somewhere, so they just take ours. My children are stealing my memory.

Before Memphis was born I could count on one hand the number of times I had locked my keys in my car. Since he was born it has happened more times than I can remember.

The first time I did it after he was born was especially interesting. He was about 10 days old and I accidentally locked him and Carson in the car while pumping gas. It was a hot day so the attendant called the fire department to get the car open.

In the meantime Memphis was screaming his head off and I was trying frantically to get Carson to unbuckle herself and unlock the door for me. She just laughed and made faces back at me. This is not charades kid!

Anyway, here comes the firetruck; sirens blaring and lights flashing. They stop directly in front of my car and four firemen jump off of the truck, stick a balloon thingie in my door, inflate it and reach in and hit the unlock button with a stick. I wanted to crawl up under the car and die. Thank you Mr. Firemen, but were the lights and sirens really necessary? Now the entire southwest section of town knows I locked my babies in my car.

I have become so accustomed to doing this that when I can't find my keys, I just assume they are locked in the car. There are so many copies of my key floating around now that I might as well just leave the doors unlocked and take my chances.

The point here is that tonight I was at a friend's house and I could not find my keys so I went to the car and searched for them through the windows. I didn't see them so I went back inside and...lo and behold my keys were sitting there in the diaper bag!! I did it! I had a breakthrough! My brain must be growing back!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home